Sorry crusaders and demon hunters, it looks like Blizzard’s Diablo III may not be launching on Nintendo Switch after all. A few days ago, the Blizzard Twitter account posted a short video that displayed a Diablo themed night lamp being switched on and off. Topped off with a “Sweet Dreams” caption, it was more than enough speculative fuel for some readers, who jumped to the hopeful conclusion that a Diablo III Switch port was on the say. It’s not exactly farfetched when you put two and two together: Diablo night light, switch, Nintendo Switch. But it wasn’t to be.
Speaking with Polygon, a Blizzard spokesperson swiftly extinguished the rumour before it could gain any further traction:
“We can assure you we’re not that clever…[It was] meant to be a fun community engagement piece. We have nothing to announce.”
While the statement dismisses the idea of a Switch edition, nowhere does it state that Diablo III is never coming to Nintendo’s hybrid console. In other words, there’s still a chance. If giants like Doom and Skyrim can make the switch, why not Diablo? Tristram will be watching.
- Diablo 3 Coming To The Nintendo Switch?
- Diablo 3: Eternal Collection Announced for the Switch; Releasing in 2018
- Blizzard Teases Diablo III On A Switch, Literally
- ‘Multiple Diablo projects’ are in progress, Blizzard says, all but confirming Diablo 4
- Nintendo Direct Airs Tomorrow; Showcases New Nintendo Releases