Tales of a film based on the life and tragic final days of WWE Superstar Chris Benoit have been floating around essentially since just after the horrific double murder/suicide in 2007, an event which changed the face of professional wrestling forever, especially as it relates to studies on the effects of concussions on wrestlers. This week, Academy Award-nominated director Lexi Alexander, who has also directed the movie Punisher: War Zone, and several episodes of DC Comic’s various superhero TV shows, confirmed on social media an IMDB listing that claimed she has signed on with the film.
Nothing more is known about the project, also Alexander did say that actor Liev Schreiber, who was often rumored to be attached for the role of Benoit, is not involved.
- Report: Lucasfilm puts Obi-Wan film “on hold” after underwhelming Solo debut
- John Cena In Talks To Star In ‘Duke Nukem’ Movie
- Rouge Trooper Will Be Getting A Movie Adaptation; To Be Directed By Duncan Jones
- The Monster Hunter Movie goes full modern military in first set photos
- Eva Marie To Star In Movie With Nicolas Cage and Faye Dunaway