Divinity: Original Sin 2 landed just over two years ago, and an extensive set of free content updates have only improved what was already one of the best PC games of 2017. Developer Larian doesn’t plan to stop expanding the game, either. More in-game additions are coming, and the studio has plans to build things outside the game in a “massive” way.
We asked director of publishing Michael Douse if there are plans for more content, and he says “Yes. In and outside of the game itself. We have some massive things coming up in what I’ll off-the-cusp call the ‘extended universe’ though that’s not at all what it is – this is outside of the game.”
As for what’s coming inside of the game, Douse says “we of course have more Gift Bags on the way that come to all platforms and offer some really major tweaks to gameplay. I personally love increased movement speed – an opinion that risks my life every day. Also more action points. Those are in the current one.”
So even with Baldur’s Gate 3 on the way, things aren’t over for DOS2 – that’s an impressive run of success.
We’ll have a lot more from our interview with Larian in the near future, including an extensive look at how cross-save functionality was built between PC and Switch.
- Divinity: Original Sin 2 devs will deliver “in-depth, real RPGs” even in a mobile future
- Baldur’s Gate 3 Gameplay Officially Unveiled
- Check out 90 minutes of Baldur’s Gate 3 gameplay
- Baldur’s Gate 3 World Premiere Gameplay Reveal Set to Debut at PAX East 2020
- Baldur’s Gate 3 has co-op – four players online and two players in splitscreen