One of the most interesting features (and widely requested), is the introduction of motion controls to the title. The gyroscopic controls should allow for faster shooting in this already faced paced game, than the current joy-con controls that players have been using.
A new party system for the game’s multiplayer has also been introduced, which should make it easier for payers to find each other. The icon for the game on the Switch home screen has also been updated, giving fans a little bit more of that aesthetic pleasure.
You can check out the full patch notes below:
- Motion Aiming – New control scheme option allows you to tilt the Nintendo Switch for more precise aiming
- Multiplayer Parties – Added new party system, making it easier to group up and play with your friends in multiplayer
- Updated Game Icon – Game icon now matches the DOOM for Nintendo Switch boxart
- Increased the average resolution in lower-res areas of the game
- Implemented CPU optimizations
- Added Traditional Chinese language support
- Fixed an issue that resulted in a possible crash when using the BFG
- Fixed an issue that caused audio issues while playing
- Fixed an issue that caused stretched textures to appear in multiplayer
- Fixed an issue where controls became unresponsive on the game menu
- Fixed an issue where players may have incorrectly received a ban notice in multiplayer
DOOM is available on PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC.
- Nintendo Switch Update 5.0.2 Lands
- DOOM Is Out Now For The Switch
- Fortnite Update 1.7.2 Allows Players to Switch in Spectator Mode, Increases Medium Ammo Stacks, Reduces Rocket Ammo Spawn Rate and More
- Nintendo Reveals Super Mario Party
- Call of Duty: WWII Update 1.08 Fixes Bugs, Buffs MP-40 and M1928 Fire Rate and More