EA’s earnings call to their investors was rather interesting. Not only did the company reveal they are raising their sales expectations for Anthem, fans also paid attention to EA CEO Andrew Wilson use of the word “games” when referring to Respawn’s 2019 releases.
EA COO and CFO Blake Jorgensen confirmed Wilson use of the word “games” was intentional, describing it as a “little Easter egg” for the studio’s fans. He even mentioned there are unannounced games that might “come out later in the year when we go to give guidance for next year.”
You heard Andrew use a plural when he said ‘games from Respawn.’ Just consider that a little Easter egg left in the earnings call for you. We’ll announce more when we get there but we’ve clearly got a lot of things working with all of our studios and you should assume that there will be some things that we haven’t announced that come out later in the year when we go to give guidance for next year.
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is one of Respawn’s planned 2019 releases. The other title is yet to be revealed, but it is speculated to be a virtual reality title.
- Titanfall 3 and Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order could be out next year
- First glimpses of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order to be shown “In the next few months”
- EA Raise Sales Expectations for Anthem; More News and Information Released After Holiday Period
- Latest EA Earnings Call Confirms Anthem March 2019 Release
- WWE Planning Virtual Reality to Give Fans An “In The Ring” Viewing Experience