Likely to the surprise of nobody, former ECW stalwarts Balls Mahoney and Axl Rotten, who passed away in the last year at relatively young ages (both were 44), were officially diagnosed with CTE, or chronic traumatic encephalopathy, by respected concussion specialist Dr. Bennet Omalu this week. Both men were well-known for their gimmicks revolving around hardcore wrestling, especially unprotected chair shots, which undoubtedly contributed to their conditions. Mahoney and Rotten also worked briefly with WWE during the ECW revival in the mid-2000’s.
- The Legal Fight For Matt Hardy’s “Broken Universe” is Almost Over
- SummerSlam Will Have A 2 Hour Pre-Show And An Overrun
- PUBG Xbox One Patch 10 Rolls Out Today
- The “Global Force Wrestling” Branding May Be Getting Shelved by Impact
- 12 ECW Superstars Who Never Made It Big Anywhere Else