The WWE announced on Monday that they had suspended reigning cruiserweight champion Enzo Amore (real name Eric Arndt) in the midst of a scathing accusation of sexual assault.
According to Pro Wrestling Sheet, Amore is currently under investigation by police in Phoenix, Arizona relating to an allegation made by an anonymous woman on Twitter. She alleges an incident took place in a hotel room last October, where she claims she was drugged and taken advantage of by Amore.
You can read her side of the story right here, but be warned that it’s contains some graphic language.
The WWE released a simple statement on their website, which will sideline Amore for the immediate future:
“WWE has zero tolerance for matters involving sexual harassment or sexual assault. Until this matter is resolved, Eric Arndt (aka Enzo Amore) has been suspended.”
We’ll have more on this story as it develops.
Amore has already caused a different kind of controversy since his jump from NXT to the main WWE roster, including rumors of him being hard to work with and getting kicked out of the WWE locker room by veteran talent who weren’t willing to put up with his crap anymore — including bringing “questionable guests” backstage and incessant bragging about his wealth and fame.
If these new allegations have any truth to them (and it’s important to remember that Amore is entitled to be presumed innocent until proven guilty by a police investigation and a court of law), then the WWE will likely wash their hands of the 31-year-old superstar.
- Enzo Amore Releases Statement Following Sexual Assault Allegations and His WWE Release
- Global Force Wrestling Announce Suspension of World Champ Alberto El Patron
- Alberto El Patron Domestic Violence Investigation Dropped, Paige Now Potentially in Trouble
- Paige Reveals More Details of Alberto Del Rio Domestic Violence Incident
- A Wrestling Match in Mexico Turned Into a Legit Shootfight, and The Entire Industry is Furious