Yesterday, Epic Games appeared to intentionally violate Apple and Google app store rules to get Fortnite removed so they could jump-start a protest. Sick of mobile stores taking a 30% cut of microtransactions, they added a payment option bypassing official systems – something both stores forbid. Epic surely knew this, and the fact that they had lawsuits and an embarrassing protest video ready to go sure makes it seems like they suspected Fortnite might get kicked out. Epic do have one of the few products large enough to make a splash so hey, good on ’em for making a stand. I wish they’d done it without trying to weaponise fans.
- A Parent’s Guide To What The Hell Is Going On With Fortnite
- Fortnite Developer Epic Games Sues Google After Latest Ban
- Epic Games Throws Together A Fortnite Tournament Highlighting Apple’s Lawsuit
- Maisie Williams Has a Suggestion for Weapons in Fortnite
- Confessions Of A Former Hater – How I Learned To Love Fortnite: Battle Royale