When it comes to PC gaming there are a few markets available to purchase video games. Arguably the biggest would be Valve’s Steam platform which is filled with indie titles to triple AAA releases. Likewise, with Steam sales and discounts, the platform is always a great source to get a good deal on a video game. However, more and more publishers are looking at delivering their own marketplace as they take their video games from Steam and promptly display them on their own services.
Bethesda has a big release coming soon with Fallout 76. In fact, we recently spoke of how the upcoming beta for Fallout 76 will contain the full game, you can, of course, read that in detail right here. However, if you were looking to get a copy of the game through Steam then you may be a bit disappointed.
Speaking with PC Gamer, Valve had confirmed that their upcoming release of Fallout 76 will not be displayed on the Steam platform. Instead, if you wish to purchase a copy of the game on PC then you’ll have to use the Bethesda.net launcher.
Fallout 76 is an upcoming online MMORPG title where players take on the role of a nuclear war survivor. Released from the vault early on to help build the new world, players are tasked with creating forts while defending their creations from monsters and other hostile players.
Currently, Fallout 76 is set to release on November 14, 2018, for the PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One platforms.
[Source: PC Gamer]
- Fallout 76’s launch won’t come to Steam
- Fallout 76 Not Possible For Nintendo Switch Platform
- Bethesda Clarify Statement Regarding Fallout 76’s Absence from Steam; Future Titles Might Come to Steam
- It looks like Fallout 76 is available for pre-order in the Microsoft Store
- Fallout 76 won’t be on Steam because Bethesda wants a ‘direct relationship’ with players