The rumors and leaks were true, the next Far Cry title will indeed be titled New Dawn and it will be a direct sequel to the ending of Far Cry 5.
Officially announced last night at the Game Awards 2018, Far Cry: New Dawn puts players into a post-apocalyptic world with crazy weird animals, viscous factions and other oddities you come to expect in that type of setting.
Check out the world premiere trailer for the new game down below:
The game takes place 17 years after the ending of Far Cry 5. Players will once again be in Montana, USA, but this time it is completely different. The game does look promising as it is one of those standalone goofy Far Cry titles. It will retail for $39.99 come early next year.
Far Cry: New Dawn is set to release February 15th, 2019 for the PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Are you excited for the next installment in the franchise? Let us know in the comments below!
- Far Cry 5 – the game about a rural militant cult – is being used to promote Montana tourism
- Far Cry: New Dawn – Official Announcement Trailer | The Game Awards 2018
- Far Cry New Dawn scores – our roundup of the critics
- Far Cry: New Dawn takes you to post-apocalyptic Montana this February
- Ubisoft Reveals How Much Storage Far Cry New Dawn Will Require