The critically acclaimed platformer, Fez has finally been released on iOS devices. Previously released on PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS Vita, PS4, the iOS port was handled by Blitworks, a company who has helped bring games like Soma and Owlboy to consoles – and Darkest Dungeon and Sunless Sea to iOS.
The iOS version, which is known as Fez Pocket Edition, requires iOS 8.0 and is not supported on devices older than an iPhone 5s or iPad Air. When it comes to controlling the title on your device, the Canadian studio behind the game’s original development, Polytron, confirmed that Fez Pocket Edition is played with “virtual controller buttons,” stating that gesture controllers didn’t work as well as the studio would have thought.
Fez Pocket Edition is available for $4.99 on the iTunes Store. A Polygon representative did ask if there was an Android version planned to which the studio stated, “We aren’t planning a FEZ Pocket Edition Android release at this time.”
Fez seems like the perfect mobile game to waste a couple of hours to – especially considering the price tag is pretty appealing. Excited to play Fez on your iOS device? Let us know in the comments below.
- Final Fantasy XV Will Get Crossplay Between PC And Xbox One
- Learn How to Use Your Android for Hacking and Penetration Testing
- Top 10 FREE iOS & Android Games of November 2017
- Playdead’s Spooktacular Platformer Inside Creeps Onto App Store
- Watch Out! New Cryptocurrency-Mining Android Malware is Spreading Rapidly