Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers expansion released back in late July, and this is its first major update. Square Enix wanted to come out with a bang, and what a better way to do it than to bring Nier Automata’s world into FFXIV.
The title’s upcoming update, titled Vows of Virtue: Deeds of Cruelty, adds new main quests, New Game+ mode, a new dungeon and more. The Nier Automata crossover comes in the form of a 24-player Alliance raid. Here are the update’s highlights.
- New Main Scenario Quests – Patch 5.1 introduces the next chapter in the exhilarating Shadowbringers main storyline.
- New 24-Player Alliance Raid: “The Copied Factory” – Guest creators Yosuke Saito and YOKO TARO bring together FINAL FANTASY and NieR in the YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse alliance raid series.
- Restoration of the Holy See of Ishgard – This crafter- and gatherer-focused content encourages players to work together to build the Firmament in Ishgard. The new content is accompanied by extensive system adjustments and updates for crafting and gathering classes.
- New Game+ – Replay previously completed quests while retaining one’s current progression and job level.
- New Dungeon: “The Grand Cosmos” – Players can tackle this new dungeon alongside fellow adventurers, or a party of non-player characters using the Trust system.
- New Extreme Trial – Players will be able to challenge a new extreme difficulty trial.
- New Beast Tribe Quests – The Pixies
- PvP Updates – Substantial changes will be made to PvP actions, alongside the introduction of a new Frontline map and ruleset.
- Blue Mage Job Updates – The first major update to this limited job will feature an increased level cap, new job quests, as well as new blue mage-specific battle challenges and content.
- Performance Action Updates – The addition of an ensemble feature will allow groups of players to create music together.
- Patch 5.1 will also feature job adjustments, Gold Saucer updates, system updates, and more
Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers is available on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. The game’s upcoming update is scheduled to go live some time in October. We will update you once a set date is announced.
[Source: Square Enix]
- Final Fantasy XIV patch 5.1 reworks crafting and brings the first Nier alliance raid
- Here’s when to expect the Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers Eden raid
- Final Fantasy 14 is getting a Nier: Automata-themed raid
- Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers will (probably) bring Gunblades and playable Viera
- Final Fantasy XIV Shadowbringers’ creator thinks Nier: Automata’s director is “brilliant”