Square Enix provided a first look at Final Fantasy XVI during today’s PlayStation showcase. It’s coming to PlayStation 5 and PC.
Few confirmed details were provided, but there was a lot of serious-sounding dialogue about crystals and a plethora of giant monsters. The story appears to take place over several decades, following the main character as he grows from boy to man.
While not running on actual hardware, the Final Fantasy XVI footage came from a “PC emulating the PlayStation 5 experience.” Development is being handled by Creative Business Unit III, the Naoki Yoshida-led team responsible for Final Fantasy XI, Final Fantasy XIV, and the Dragon Quest Builders series.
Square Enix has noted that this is a single-player game despite the development studio’s prior focus on MMORPGs.
- FF14’s Naoki Yoshida is working on Final Fantasy 16 after all
- Final Fantasy XVI Official Twitter Account Registered, Announcement Coming Soon?
- Final Fantasy 16 PS5 Release Date & Latest Trailer
- Square Enix Releases Episode 2 of Inside Final Fantasy 7 Remake, Focuses on Story and Characters
- Final Fantasy 16 Officially Announced