With six million of us under its spell, Final Fantasy XIV Online has certainly proven its worth. Since release, it has received several game-changing patches and expansions, and may be headed to Switch if Square Enix producer Naoki Yoshida’s comments are any indication. In 2018, Square Enix is continuing to support FFXIV Online in the form of an enigmatic new region, fresh battle elements, and additional weapons.
Patch 4.25 introduces ‘Eureka Anemos’, a forbidden locale host to untamed wonders and dynamic elements. It also unlocks the latest chapter of Hildibrand’s adventures, plus The Feast PvP’s seventh season. Thanks to Eureka’s expansive surface area, you’ll be able to collab with up to 144 fellow FFIV Online players to hunt monsters and mine for protean crystals.
Fundamental battle mechanics are getting an elemental makeover, too. Squaring off against enemies now requires you to customise your Magia Board, and change the element affinity of your attack so it acts as a counterpoint to your rival. The player progression will net you elemental EXP and make harnessing elements easier, but is laced with dire consequences if you die, taking EXP (and even levels) instead.
Those interested in striking it rich can try out Final Fantasy XIV Online in a free trial here.
- Square Enix Considering Porting Final Fantasy XIV to Nintendo Switch And Xbox One with Cross-Platform Play
- DISSIDIA Final Fantasy NT Wallpapers in Ultra HD | 4K
- A Bunch Of Classic Final Fantasy Games Are Coming To Nintendo Switch
- Square Enix’s Tokyo Game Show 2018 Lineup Features Just Cause 4, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Kingdom Hearts III and More
- Final Fantasy VII Remake May Feature Compilation Works