Devil May Cry 5 is coming out this week, and Capcom has released the final trailer, which shows off more of the game’s stranger environments and enemies, but be warned: it also contains a spoiler or two.
The world in Devil May Cry 5, of course, is going completely to pieces as demons invade earth. There’s a massive structure that extends into sub-orbital space and plays host to an organic-looking demon boss, and this is where the action opens: Nero is running along one of its strands as his friends in the Devil May Cry party van rush to pick him up.
“You will regret being born useless and human,” the demon king tells our hero. “I will show you your worst nightmares. I will give you despair and death.”
Then there’s a bit of a flashback that you may want to avoid if you’re trying not to see any spoilers for the game. But it has to do with Dante and possibly V’s childhood and suggests Devil May Cry 5 will have some answers about their relationship with each other, and with their mother, Eva.
Here’s the trailer:
Not bad, right? Tons of demon-smashing, plenty of cool moves, and even a J-rock power ballad to top it all off.
Read more: How Devil May Cry 5 uses Resident Evil’s gore tech
Check to see if your machine is up to the Devil May Cry 5 system requirements. The game launches on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on Friday, March 8. Time to sharpen the old demon-hunting swords again.
- PlayStation Underground Showcases Nearly 20 Apocalyptic Minutes of Devil May Cry 5 Gameplay Footage
- Devil May Cry Is Heading To Nintendo Switch This Summer
- Capcom Releases Final Devil May Cry 5 Trailer But it Contains a Major Spoiler
- Devil May Cry 5 Dev Livestream Promises “Hottest” New Information
- The PC version of Devil May Cry 5 includes a naked bum