Founded in 2013 by the team behind games such as The Walking Dead, Bioshock, and Mark of the Ninja, Campo Santo may have a limited backlog of work, but it seems that it was enough to catch the attention of Gabe Newell. The news comes via a blogpost, whereby the team stated the aquitsion just made sense as two companies share the same values:
‘In Valve we found a group of folks who, to their core, feel the same way about the work that they do (this, you may be surprised to learn, doesn’t happen every day). In us, they found a group with unique experience and valuable, diverse perspectives. It quickly became an obvious match.’
The team noted that there won’t be any changes coming the to studio (besides a relocation) and that Campo Santo will still be working on In Valley of The Gods – but rather – as a Valve game.
‘Yes, we’re still making In the Valley of Gods (as a Valve game!); yes, we’ll still support Firewatch; and yes, we’ll still produce The Quarterly Review and our regular blog content. Thanks so much for your interest in our games and we’ll see you in Washington. Cheers.’
Thoughts? Let us know down in the comments below.
- Firewatch Nintendo Switch Version Announced; Releases This Spring
- Daily Deal: Firewatch Is Only $4.99 On US PSN
- Daily Deal: Firewatch Xbox One Is Only 5$ On The Microsoft Store
- Former Ubisoft and The Division Devs Form New Studio; Plans for Multiplayer Title Based on “Cult-Classic” IP
- Google Honors Legendary Lucha Libre Wrestler, El Santo