It seems that the God of War franchise ain’t going away anytime soon. Speaking in an interview with Kotaku‘s Jason Schreier, God of War director Cory Barlog went on record to state that he has as many as five sequels for the game planned out in his head. This correlates with developer’s Sony Santa Monica have previous statements of the positive future the studio has for the series.
During the interview, Cory goes on to talk about the game’s production and just how long it takes to develop a game. It’s definitely an interesting read if you want to go over it, here.
From Santa Monica Studio and creative director Cory Barlog comes a new beginning for one of gaming’s most recognizable icons. Living as a man outside the shadow of the gods, Kratos must adapt to unfamiliar lands, unexpected threats, and a second chance at being a father. Together with his son Atreus, the pair will venture into the brutal Norse wilds and fight to fulfill a deeply personal quest.
God of War is a PS4 exclusive, pick it up now either digitally or via selected gaming store.
- God of War Patch 1.12 Releases; Fixes Small Text Issues
- God of War Quickfire Q&A Reveals New Details; 25-30% of the Game Is on a Boat
- Holy Kratos, God of War’s Download File is Super-Sized
- Watch – The First 20 Minutes of God Of War
- God of War Sold 3 Million Units In 3 Days