Publisher Focus Home Interactive and developer Vostok Games revealed their upcoming title, a battle royale game inspired by the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. franchise.
Fear the Wolves is set in a radioactive and abandoned Chernobyl setting, with the standard battle royale features. However, players will also have to overcome “mutated wildlife, the organic spread of radiation and unexplainable anomalies.”
Drop into a radioactive wasteland with nothing but your wits, fists, and whatever you can find to protect you. Deadly mutated wildlife, the organic spread of radiation, unexplainable anomalies, and 99 other players stand in your way on your long march to the extraction helicopter inside the final zone.
To defend yourself you have an arsenal of scavenged weaponry. The trusty fire-axe is a silent killer but won’t do much good as the knife in a gunfight. Abandoned weaponry is scattered around the map, but you will need to scavenge from air drops, caches and radioactive areas to find the most powerful gear. Every other player will be after them too, bringing the wolves with them.
Here are all the screenshots published so far.
Fear the Wolves releases on PC later this year, with consoles set for 2019.
- Fear The Wolves Early Access Pushed Back
- Free Steam keys: Win the STALKER meets battle royale game Fear The Wolves!
- FEAR THE WOLVES – Official Trailer (New Post-Apocalyptic Battle Royale Game) 2018
- The new Fortnite Getaway mode is part battle royale, part heist mission
- Fallout 76 will let you turn into a kangaroo