Former TNA stars — wait, I guess we’re supossed to call it Impact Wrestling now. Former Impact Wrestling stars Mike Bennett and Maria Kanellis bolted from the company earlier this year, around the same time as the Broken Hardy Brothers. The couple, who are married in real life, have been a mainstay in the “minor leagues” of pro wrestling, spending almost four years with Ring of Honor before signing with TN — errr, Impact Wrestling (that’s going to take some time to get used to).
Now, multiple reports from the PWTorch and Sportskeeda are claiming that Bennett and Kanellis have indeed signed with the WWE and will skipping the NXT conditioning stint and going straight to the main roster, most likely on SmackDown Live to fill the void of a solid heel couple, now that The Miz and Maryse have moved to Raw.
There’s no word on when the couple might make their debut on WWE television. The next brand exclusive pay-per-view for SmackDown isn’t until Backlash on May 21.
- SmackDown Live Debuts a Dozen New Superstars After WWE’s Superstar Shake-Up
- WATCH: Bobby Roode Finally Makes Main Roster Debut on SmackDown Live
- The “Global Force Wrestling” Branding May Be Getting Shelved by Impact
- WATCH: Shinsuke Nakamura Finally Makes WWE Main Roster Debut
- WATCH: Heath Slater Shows Off His Family On Smackdown