According to TMZ Sports, former WWE superstar X-Pac (real name Sean Waltman) was arrested in Los Angeles on the weekend when he tried to carry marijuana and meth through a customs checkpoint.
Waltman, 44, was supposed to appear in the U.K. for a wrestling event on the weekend. When he no-showed, there was a growing concern on the internet that something bad had happened to him. After about 36-hours, friends of Waltman revealed that he was still alive and well.
Waltman, who has a history of drug abuse, was arrested on the spot and placed in a local jail. To make matter worse, it was discovered that there was an outstanding warrant for his arrest, resulting from a prior DUI incident. Bail was set at $35,000 and Waltman has reportedly been released from jail.
Waltman’s struggles with addiction, especially crystal meth, have been well-documented. He had a romantic relationship with the late Joan Laurer (aka Chyna), who also struggled with substance abuse and would pass away in 2016 after overdosing on a mix of alcohol and a wide assortment of pills, including anxiety medicine, pain killers, and sleeping aids.
We wish Waltman all the best and hope he can get the help he needs — addiction is a tough battle.
- X-Pac Will Not Face Prosecution After Drug Charges Get Dropped
- X-Pac Claims He’s Not Using Drugs Again, Arrest Was a Simple Misunderstanding
- Chyna’s Autopsy Completed, Cause Of Death Official
- Jeff Hardy Was Arrested Over The Weekend After a Car Crash
- 51% Of Gamers Disagree With Videogaming Being Classified As An Addiction