Epic Games’ Fortnite Battle Royale is going mobile! Recently taking to their blog, the developer stated that players can expect the exact same 100-player experience except on cellphones and tablets.
‘Fortnite Battle Royale is coming to mobile devices! On phones and tablets, Fortnite is the same 100-player game you know from PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, and Mac. Same gameplay, same map, same content, same weekly updates. Starting Monday, you can sign-up for the Invite Event on iOS. Support for Android will be coming in the next few months.’
What’s more, Epic Games has stated that Fortnite: Battle Royale will support cross-play and cross-progression between PlayStation 4, PC, Mac, iOS and eventually Android. This means players across devices can squad up with friends and play together.
If are you interested in taking part in the invite-only event you’ll have to wait till next week Monday to sign up (which you can do, here.) So far, the list of supported devices are as follows: iOS 11 on at least an iPhone 6S/SE, iPad Mini 4, iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, iPad 2017 devices.
Fortnite is out now for PC, PS4 and Xbox One. Mobile devices coming soon.
- iOS Fortnite: Battle Royale Hits No.1 On App Store
- Fortnite iOS is Now Open To All Users
- Xbox One Fortnite: Battle Royale Will Support Cross-Play Between PC, Mac, iOS and Android
- Fortnite: Battle Royale iOS Is Out Now; Requires An Invite To Activate
- Fornite iOS Has Allegedly Made Over 1 Million USD In Three Days