The massive sensation from Epic Games’ Fortnite: Battle Royale has just been launched on the Apple store. Unfortunately, before you hop into the 100-man deathmatch, there are couple of things you should know.
First off, while yes you can download the game and save it on your device not anybody will be able to participate. You’ll need an invite-only code to activate the game on your device. The invite codes can be obtained from either a friend who signed up, or from Epic Games themselves. Secondly, the game will take up 2 gigs of space on your device, which means if you have a slow internet connection or little space on your phone you’ll have to the download size.
Finally, the game is only available for iOS 11 and will not work on devices running iOS 10 or older. Also, the game will not work on every device. You should have at least an iPhone 6s, iPhone SE, iPad Pro, iPad mini 4, iPad Air 2 or the latest 9.7-inch iPad. Also, since this is a multiplayer game, it will require a constant internet connection.
‘Fortnite Battle Royale is coming to mobile devices! On phones and tablets, Fortnite is the same 100-player game you know from PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, and Mac. Same gameplay, same map, same content, same weekly updates.’
- iOS Fortnite: Battle Royale Hits No.1 On App Store
- Fortnite iOS is Now Open To All Users
- Fornite iOS Has Allegedly Made Over 1 Million USD In Three Days
- Fortnite Announces Battle Royale For Mobile; Signups Start Next Week
- Xbox One Fortnite: Battle Royale Will Support Cross-Play Between PC, Mac, iOS and Android