kicking off season 3 of Fortnite: Battle Royale, a new timed mode has been introduced. The mode is available to PC, PS4 and Xbox One, and is called Solid Gold. Essentially the mode has switched out all regular loot with Legendary weapons, denoted by their Gold background and tier. Players will be able to find the legendary weapons everywhere on the map, chests, houses, supply drops.
The legendary weapons include the SCAR, Hand Cannon, Silenced Pistol, Minigun, Rocket Launcher, Semi-Auto Rifles and Bolt-Action Rifles. The mode is only available for Squads and not Duo or Solo queue players.
Epic Games has stated that it plans on introducing a couple of these short timed modes per month to spice up general gameplay. Last year December we saw a similar timed mode whereby there was a 50v50 match as a pose to the usual 100 man free-for-all.
Thoughts on the new timed mode? Excited to play it? Let us know in the comments down below
Fortnite is out now for PC, PS4 and Xbox One.
- Fortnite: Battle Royale Solid Gold Event Comes To An End Today
- Fortnite: Battle Royale Introduces A Heavy Shotgun
- Fortnite X Avengers Update Is Now Live
- Fortnite Battle Royale Gets A New Timed Mode
- Fortnite Battle Royale Receives Another Patch; Adds Silenced SMGS