Yes, I’ve been reading the comments, I know you are tired of Fortnite news, but it’s not my fault that Epic Games continues to dominate the gaming market (and with it bring more viewers to my articles). In the most recent line of news regarding the third person shooter, the title has officially surpassed rockstar’s massively popular open-world shooter, GTA V. This is a considerable achievement as GTA V has consistently been of those games with a high playercount – and continues to sell well, despite releasing just under 5 years ago.
The news comes from interactive media intelligence company, SuperData – which, unfortunately, doesn’t provide any other news on the conclusion.
It should be noted however that Fortnite is free-to-play and is on iOS while GTA V is generally around $30.00 and is limited to the current generation platforms. Either way, it’s a pretty significant achievement from Epic Games
Thoughts? Let us know down in the comments below. Fornite is out now for PC, PS4, Xbox One and iOS.
- Fortnite PC To Get A New Update Tomorrow
- Fortnite Update 3.4 Will Add Vending Machines
- Fortnite: Battle Royale Introduces A Heavy Shotgun
- Fortnite: Battle Royale Passes 20 Million Players Since Launch
- Fortnite: Battle Royale Hits 10 Million Players Since Launch