Rumours have been floating around for quite some time that Epic Game’s Battle Royale take on Fortnite would be receiving Jetpacks (which wouldn’t be that surprising considering the game’s track record of strange weapons and game modes) Now, as of update 4.2 we can officially confirm that Fortnite has received the new item addition.
Jetpacks are a Legendary tier item and can be found in Treasure Chests. They’re a new item type slotting into a “Backpacks” category, which will thus occupy one inventory slot. To use the Jetpack, simply jump in mid-air. The duration of flight is limited before you’ll be forced to return to the ground to recharge.
In addition to the new item, a new mode called close quarters has been dropped. Players will only be able to make use of shotguns in this mode and matches will only last 15 minutes.
Check out the patch notes below to see which drops have been buffed and where.
Weapons + Items
- Jetpack added.
- Legendary Rarity.
- Found in Treasure Chests.
- The Jetpack is the first of a new item type: Backpacks.
- Backpacks take an inventory slot (like weapons & consumables) and can be moved to different positions.
- Only one Backpack can be carried at a time.
– If you pick up a different Backpack, it will be automatically swapped with the one currently equipped.
– When a Backpack is fully consumed, it will be automatically destroyed.
– While a Backpack is equipped, your Back Bling cosmetics will be hidden.
– Back Bling will be reapplied when the Backpack is no longer equipped.
- The Jetpack is engaged by jumping while in mid-air, providing additional mobility.
– While flying, there is a limited duration it can be used before it must charge again.
– Recharge begins when the Jetpack is not in use.
– You can not enter Targeting Mode while in the air.
– On controller, using the Targeting Mode input will trigger the Jetpack.
Limited Time Mode: Solid Gold v2
- All weapon drops are legendary!
- Floor Drops: High chance of Hand Cannon & Suppressed Pistols. Low chance of Assault Rifle & Sniper Rifle.
- Chests: High chance of Assault Rifle, Minigun & Sniper Rifle. Low chance of Heavy Shotgun & Rocket/Grenade Launchers. No Pistols.
- Supply Drops: High chance of Rocket/Grenade Launchers, Medium chance of Sniper Rifles. Low chance of Heavy Shotgun & Assault Rifles. No Pistols.
- 50% extra stone and metal resources gained from farming.
- Stone Floor Drops increased to 60 per pickup.
- Metal Floor Drops increased to 90 per pickup.
- Increased drop rates of: Chug Jugs, Slurp Juice, Shields, all Special Grenades, Launch Pads and Campfires.
- Decreased drop rates of: Grenades, Spike Traps and Bandages.
Limited Time Mode: Close Encounters
- Close quarters combat with Shotguns & Jetpacks!
- The only guns in this mode are the various types of Shotguns.
– Jetpacks & Heavy Shotguns can be found in Chests & Supply Drops.
– Other Shotgun types are spawned as Floor Loot.
- The storm moves in more quickly than normal mid to late game.
- Typical match length is about 15 minutes.
- Stats are enabled for this mode.
- Fornite Battle Royale Latest Update Adds Silenced Pistols
- Fly Explosives LTM poised to bring jetpacks and rockets to Fortnite tomorrow
- Fortnite’s Shotguns Get Nerfed; Jetpacks Get Removed Next Week
- Fortnite Latest Update Adds New Heavy Sniper, New Soaring 50’s LTM and Adjusts Minigun Headshot Multiplayer
- Latest Fortnite Update Brings Limited Time Event and New Item