Epic Games’ Fortnite’s success just keeps getting bigger and bigger, mainly due to the studio’s tremendous work to continuously add new weapons, fix reported issues, add fun new limited-time modes and sponsor tournaments for the game’s most popular professional players and streamers. The studio wants to cater to mobile gamers as well, with Fortnite’s beta on Samsung devices kicked off in August 9th.
Fortnite update 5.21 adds a new modified 50-versus-50 limited-time mode, allowing players to deploy their gliders when falling from large heights and an increased spawn rate of impulse grenades, bounce pads and launch pads. The most significant addition is the new wall-penetrating heavy sniper. The new sniper comes in Epic and Legendary rarities, and deals 150 and 157 body damage respectively. Players can give it a try in the new Sniper Shootout LTM added with the new update as well.
Limited Time Mode: Soaring 50’s
This mode is a twist on the traditional 50 vs 50 mode, featuring an extra emphasis on mobility. Gliders can be re-deployed when falling from large heights. Additional Impulse Grenades, Bounce Pads, and Launch Pads will be spawned throughout the map. Jump in and soar to new heights!
- 50v50 loot, ammo and resource levels
- When in mid-air and greater than 10m up, press Jump to deploy your glider
- Added Impulse Grenades to chests at double the standard spawn rate
- Added Impulse Grenades to floor loot
- Decreased Spike Trap spawn chances
- Increased Launch Pad & Bounce Pad spawn chances
- Profile Stats (K/D & Wins) are not tracked in this mode.
Limited Time Mode: Sniper Shootout
In this limited time mode, players will do battle using sniper rifles. May the best aim win!
- Scoped Assault Rifles have been removed.
- The Heavy Sniper Rifle has been added.
- Only weapon drops are Sniper Rifles.
- Floor Loot spawns reduced by 50%.
- Profile Stats (K/D & Wins) are tracked in this mode.
Weapons + Items
Heavy Sniper added
- Available in Epic and Legendary variants.
- Can be found from floor loot, chests, Supply Drops, and Vending Machines.
- Each shot delivers devastating damage at the cost of a long reload.
- Deals 150/157 damage to players.
- These large rounds deal increased damage (1050/1100) to buildings.
- Projectiles fired from the Heavy Sniper have less bullet drop in comparison to other Snipers.
- Minigun headshot multiplier has been reduced from 2.5 to 1.5.
The update is available now, and from my time in Fortnite’s Sniper Shootout LTM, the heavy sniper seems like a lot of fun and so powerful.
[Source: Epic Games]
- Sniper Shootout returns to Fortnite, and you can use the new Heavy Sniper in it
- Fortnite Jetpacks Arrive With Update 4.2
- Fortnite Update v6.30 Brings Wild West Limited-Time Mode, New Weapon, and More; Full Patch Notes Detailed
- Fornite Battle Royale Latest Update Adds Silenced Pistols
- Throw a portable deathtrap with Fortnite’s new Spiky Stadium