While Epic Game’s Fortnite has been out on iOS for a couple of months now, Android gamers will only receive the title this summer. The news comes via Epic Games official blog, whereby the team stated the following:
Fortnite is coming to Android!
We are targeting this summer for the release. We know many of you are excited for this release, and we promise that when we have more information to share, you’ll hear it from us first.
The game will be launching with a few extra nifty additions such as Customized HUD and the upcoming Battery Saver mode where lower graphics and battery consumption will be applied to the game. Epic also mentioned improving the game controls, especially the Autorun feature. These additions will also be applied to the iOS version of the game, which will likely ensure fair gameplay across platforms (when Android crossplay is announced, but I’m pretty sure we can bet on it.
Fortnite is out now for iOS, PC, PS4 and Xbox One. Are you still playing Fortnite? Let us know in the comments below.
- Epic Games Fortnite for Android–APK Downloads Leads to Malware
- Fortnite: Battle Royale Surpasses 500k Concurrent Players
- Fortnite: Battle Royale Hits 10 Million Players Since Launch
- Fortnite: Battle Royale Passes 20 Million Players Since Launch
- Epic Games To Add Remote Charges To Fortnite