Alongside the launch of season 4, Epic Games has just released the latest patch for their massively successful third-person shooter, Fortnite.
Update 4.0 adds a wide variety of content to the game, as well as the usual balances and bug fixes. Amongst the additions, players can expect map changes due to the comet crash, gravity-defying Hop Rocks, a new Save the World questline, and numerous new rewards, including new cosmetic items, emotes and Sprays.
For your convenience, we’ve only included the changes to Battle Royale. You can check out full patch notes, here.
Fortnite v4.0 Patch Notes
- Input settings are now filtered based on game mode. ◦They’ve also been grouped by category (Combat, Building, Editing, etc.) to make it easier to search through them.
- Added icons for the tabs at the top of the Settings screen.
- Added “Ignore Gamepad Input” option to the Accessibility settings tab. ◦This setting can be helpful to players who use external programs to remap their controller input and need the game to ignore the controller input.
- Fixed a crash when using radial menus.
- Improved texture streaming behavior when using a scope.
- Fixed some objects being rendered using low resolution textures.
- Fixed weapon ammo count display in the HUD sometimes being incorrect.
- Wanting to track the top community issues? Head over to our Fortnite | Community Issues Trello board here.
- Tracking for the Self Refund issue can be found here.
- Structures on the starting island can now be destroyed. Not the Battle Bus, though.
- Headshots are now prioritized when other body parts are in the way. ◦Incoming headshots (from above or straight on) will no longer be blocked by your character’s other body parts.
- For example, a shot that hits your target’s hand will be able to penetrate through and hit their head if your aim was on point. You’ll be credited headshot damage instead of normal damage.
- Headshots from below that are blocked by a body part (legs, torso, hands, shoulders, arms) will do normal damage, except for impacts very close to your character’s head.
- This change affects all weapons, except for the Rocket Launcher and Grenade Launcher.
- Slightly reduced the hitbox size of player hands.
- Damage numbers are now visible when spectating a player.
- Knocking a player off the island will award elimination credit like normal fall damage.
- Fall distance is now shown in the elimination feed when a player is forced to fall by an opponent.
- On the starting island, you can now see other players (and player-created structures) about three times further away than before
Fortnite is available now for PlayStation 4, PC, Xbox One, and iOS.
- PUBG Xbox One Patch 10 Rolls Out Today
- Fortnite Update 3.5 Reduces Load Times Significantly on Consoles; Performs
- Fortnite Battle Royale Receives Another Patch; Adds Silenced SMGS
- Deploy Portable Fortresses In Fortnite
- Fortnite Update 1.42 Adds Crossbow to the Title; Details Upcoming Patch Notes