Some nasty weather is erupting out of the Fortnite rift today, with massive strikes of purple lightning coming down on the map in explosive fashion. Players have captured them from a variety of angles, and so far it looks like they’ve all been targeted at a point in Paradise Palms.
What’s it all mean? That’s anybody’s guess, but it’s likely the start of the road toward Season 6, similar to how previous in-game events have gone. The smaller rifts have faded away over the past week, leaving only the one big rift in the center of the map. Of course, now that we know lightning may issue forth from that rift at any moment, it’s plenty scary on its own.
Earlier today, another player noted the return of the motel sign. Apparently, striking the newly-returned sign will send off a burst of purple lightning back into the sky. If you’ve got a pinboard, this is the time to start breaking out the red string and begin connecting the dots.
Is Tomato Temple connected? What about the new Rift-To-Go? If we thank the bus driver enough, will they show us the way? For now, maybe you should just focus on the Fortnite week 7 challenges – all this speculation might just be too much.
- Fortnite’s rift is gone, leaving behind a giant purple cube
- Here’s when you can watch the Fortnite cube move
- Fortnite’s new “Rift-To-Go” is a portal you can carry around with you
- Fortnite’s cube made its last stop – now Loot Lake is purple and bouncy
- Fortnite’s rifts could be closed by next week