Yesterday the studio announced that they will be officially lowering the damage for shotguns in the Battle Royale, Fortnite.
“One of our goals for Fortnite is to have a number of ways to play the game and be successful. We’ve identified some strategies that are overly dominant and we’ll be making some adjustments today. Going forward we’ll continue to monitor how we can best support that gameplay variety,” Epic writes
“For awhile we felt that Shotguns promoted healthy close quarter gameplay, however with the recent equip time changes, Shotguns are being used more often than we like. It’s something we’ve been keeping an eye on, but broadly speaking we feel Shotguns are a little too strong in their current state.”.
When it comes to the specific numbers, the headshot multiplier has been reduced from 2.5 to 2.0 on both the pump and the tactical, and general damage for the pump has been dropped from 90/95 to 80/85.
Jetpacks will also be leaving the game on 11 June as it was a limited timed item.
- Fortnite: Battle Royale Introduces A Heavy Shotgun
- Fortnite Servers Are Down For An Extended Period
- Fortnite 5.1 patch notes: guided missile launcher returns to Battle Royale
- Fortnite Battle Royale Gets A New Timed Mode
- Fortnite Jetpacks Arrive With Update 4.2