The Forza series hasn’t shied away from crossing over with Halo throughout the years, but it’s never been quite as substantial as what we’re getting in Forza Horizon 4. The upcoming racer will have a proper Halo-themed showcase event, not only giving you a chance to race in a Warthog, but also sending the game’s depiction of Britain into space.
This event will stick the familiar wrapper of a Halo ring in the skybox. You’ll find the English countryside is now dotted by the shields and purple crates that the Covenant is so fond of. The race is further populated by Halo vehicles in the periphery, from the Pelican dropship you follow throughout to the Banshees that buzz by every so often.
It doesn’t seem to be an original stage, though you might be fooled by how different everything looks. You’ve even got Cortana narrating your race as if it’s an end-game escape sequence. “Look at these ancient dwellings,” she remarks as you drive past some cottages. “It almost looks like something lives here.”
The Warthog is a bit smaller than its original incarnation since Spartans are impossibly tall and ordinary people would look ridiculous driving it. The designers say the Warthog will remain a competitive choice even outside the showcase in the base game. You can see at roughly 1:46:00 in the team’s monthly stream below.
- Forza Horizon 4’s first update arrives this week along with Route Creator
- Forza Horizon 4 review scores – our round-up of all the critics
- 4K Graphics Promised For Halo 4
- Turn 10 Decides to Completely Remove Paid Tokens and Prize Crates from Upcoming Forza Horizon 4 and Forza Motorsport 7
- The Forza Horizon 4 demo could start today