Cute is not a word the average person would associate with Jason Voorhees. Yet somehow, voxel connoisseur Blue Wizard Digital has found a niche way to transform the horrific into an adorable, humorous, isometric slash-a-thon in a style heavily resembling Slayaway Camp.
A voxel incarnation, Friday The 13th: Killer Puzzle is an upcoming title in the official Friday The 13th franchise which lets you assist Jason on a depraved mission of stalking and slaughter. Spread across 100 stages, each situation offers a different puzzle framework that challenges you to unlock weapons for a direct kill, or assume a stealthier approach, drawing upon environmental hazards like campfires and bear traps to catch victims off guard. There’s also a bunch of cosmetically enhanced Jasons to unlock, including Zombie, Frozen and Apocalypse — but you can always stick with the classic look, which Blue Wizard Digital describe as “the gold standard in psycho killing”.
Friday The 13th: Killer Puzzle launches on April 13 (seriously) for mobile (iOS, Android) and via Steam. The price is yet to be revealed.
- Voxel Slasher Slayaway Camp: Butcher’s Cut Comes to Consoles
- Friday the 13th Game Update 1.23 Adds Jason Part 5, Pinehurst Map, New Unlockable Grab Kill and Tons of Bug Fixes
- Scarlet Moon Records Release Original Soundtrack for Wizard of Legends; Composed by Dale North
- Friday the 13th DLC Officially Cancelled; Dev Apologises to Fans and Reveals No More Content Whatsoever is Coming to The Game
- Friday The 13th Quitters To Get Blacklisted in ‘Salt Mines’