Before E3 kicked off we knew that George R.R. Martin and From Software was in a partnership for an upcoming video game. George R.R. Martin is known for his creation of the novels Game of Thrones is based off of and From Software as of late is beloved over the Souls franchise. Again, much like the reveal that happened moments ago during Microsoft’s E3 2019 press conference, it was leaked that the upcoming title from the partnership would be called Elden Ring.
The trailer showcased didn’t give out any gameplay footage or real narrative story for us to follow. Instead we got a few of the design choices that From Software is going with. However, both parties are known for delivering a very expansive lore and in-depth world so we have some pretty high expectations when it comes to the game when it finally launches. For now, all we can do is view the initial trailer showcased during the Microsoft E3 2019 press conference above.
Furthermore, we don’t have a release date attached to the game quite yet so we can likely write off 2019. Whenever it finally hits the marketplace, we can expect Elden Ring to be available on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC platforms.
Source: E3 Microsoft
- Elden Ring Director Reveals How George RR Contributed
- Game of Thrones Creator & From Software Game Collaboration Leaked
- Elden Ring will reportedly be shown as Gamescom, but not to the public
- From Software Executives Shares Thoughts on Working with George R.R. Martin; Didn’t Expect a Reply at First
- Elden Ring is FromSoft’s biggest game yet and work started two years ago