By now, it’s indisputable that 2017 has been a killer year for Nintendo. The grand reveal of the Nintendo Switch, resurrection of the Metroid Prime series and continued invocation of nostalgic weakness through SNES Classic has worked in the Japanese comapny’s favour. Not too long ago, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild scooped up the Game of the Year 2017 award.
But for Nintendo fans, the good news doesn’t end there.
Bayonetta 3 is no longer a pipe dream. The sequel to 2014 hack and slash outing Bayonetta 2 was officially revealed in a flashy teaser trailer which clocks in at just under a minute. Following the footsteps of Bayonetta 2, which only came out for Nintendo Wii U, Bayonetta 3 will be released exclusively for Nintendo Switch. It is currently in development by Platfinum Games, makers of the Bayonetta series and NieR:Automata.
Furthermore, developer Platinum Games Inc said that Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2 would be coming to Switch on February 16, 2018. A release window for Bayonetta 3 has not been discussed at this point in time.
- Bayonetta 1 and 2 To Both Run At 720p/60FPS On Nintendo Switch
- Switch Bayonetta Bundle Discounted On Amazon
- Development for new Zelda Game in Full Swing, Nintendo Confirms
- Nintendo Comments On The Switch’s Lack Of Backward Compatibility
- Nintendo Switch Launch Lineup Leaks Ahead Of Presentation