Marvel Heroes Developer, Gazillion was caught off gaurd when last week the new broke that the game, Marvel Heroes would be shutting down due to the end of the working relationship between the studio and Marvel/ Disney.
In an email to Kotaku, a representative for Marvel said that, “We regret to inform our Marvel Heroes fans that we have ended our relationship with Gazillion Entertainment, and that the Marvel Heroes games will be shut down. We would like to sincerely thank the players who joined the Marvel Heroes community, and will provide any further updates as they become available.”
Now we have news that the Studio has shut down alongside the game, with lay-offs occurring a day before Thanksgiving. To make matters worse, ex-Gazillion staff are also reporting that they’re not even being paid their severance or PTO, and that their medical insurance will end next week.
Last week when the new originally broke of the game’s closure, PlayStation and Xbox players already began asking refunds for the game that hasn’t even been out for 6 months.
It’s quite rough to hear about layoffs especially during a time of relaxation leading up to the holidays, hopefully, these employees will be able to find jobs fast.
(source – Kotaku)
- RPG Marvel Heroes Is Shutting Down
- MMO WildStar and developer Carbine Studios are both shutting down
- Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite Wallpapers in Ultra HD | 4K
- StarBlood Arena VR Dev Issues Statement Commenting on Sony’s Server Shutdown and Clarifies the Situation
- Former Blizzard Developers Will Release New Marvel Game