Despite, the controversy surrounding lootboxes and the general dissatisfaction of these money making tools from the community and government across the globe – Ubisoft is introducing ‘Battle Crates’ to the third person shooter Ghost Recon Wildlands. Battle Crates will contain random cosmetics and arrive in-game by January end.
Battle crates are set to come in multiple different varieties. Spec Ops and Ghost War. The former is focused on single-player and co-op cosmetics while the latter features items that can be used in the PvP mode. Each crate will set players back by 400 Credits and won’t have any duplicate cosmetics, so don’t worry about racking up the same skin continuously (I’m looking at you Battlefield 1). As it is with most lootbox mechanics, you can buy additional crates with more money.
As for the contents of the crates, you can expect mainly Epic and Exotic varieties of weapons and vehicles. As previously mentioned, the items in the lootboxs are purely cosmetic and won’t affect your progression or skills in any way. With over 200 items across Rare, Epic and Legendary tiers, there’s quite a lot to earn.
Thoughts on the Introduction of lootboxes in Ghost Recon Wildlands? Let us know in the comments below.
- ‘Ghost Recon: Wildlands’ Is The Latest Game To Get Loot Boxes … But Maybe They’re Actually Good?
- Latest Ghost Recon Wildlands Update Adds New PvE Mode, Kicks Off Year 2 Pass, a New PvP Class, Map and More
- Ghost Recon: Wildlands Launches Free In-game Items In Celebration of 1-year Anniversary
- Ghost Recon Wildlands Latest Update Adds New Extraction Mode and Two New Dedicated Maps
- Ghost Recon Wildlands New Difficulty Mode Introduces Perma-death