Global Force Wrestling (formally TNA Wrestling aka Impact Wrestling, for those not keeping up) has announced the indefinite suspension of their world champion Alberto El Patron following the revelation that he is being investigated for domestic violence after an altercation at an Orlando airport last week.
Police have confirmed the investigation is underway, after witnesses reported that El Patron (known as Alberto Del Rio during his time in the WWE) was engaged in a heated argument with his girlfriend Paige (who is still under WWE contract).
No arrests have been yet, but GFW preemptively announced that El Patron will remain suspended until the conclusion of the investigation.
Global Force Wrestling has indefinitely suspended Alberto El Patron, effective immediately, until the investigation is resolved following a recent incident in Orlando, Florida.
El Patron unified and won the Impact Wrestling World Heavyweight Championship and the GFW Global Championship against Lashley at Slammiversary XV in early July. There is no official word on whether he will be stripped of the title, although television tapings for upcoming airings have already been completed, with El Patron the central focus. It would take some fancy editing to remove him from the show.
- Alberto Del Rio Reportedly Under Investigation For Domestic Violence
- Alberto El Patron Domestic Violence Investigation Dropped, Paige Now Potentially in Trouble
- The “Global Force Wrestling” Branding May Be Getting Shelved by Impact
- Paige Reveals More Details of Alberto Del Rio Domestic Violence Incident
- Alberto Del Rio Attacked By Knife-Wielding Assailant Before First Post-WWE Match