Announced via their official website The online servers will be shut down on March 28, 2018 at 12:00 UTC. Additionally, distribution of DLC content will stop by January 31st. While the game can still be played in its single-player mode, the game will no longer support any online functionality. This also means that you won’t be able to spend any of your in-game credits, so you might as well use them while you can.
Ending off the announcement, the team expressed their gratitude for the series and stated that they will “continue to further improve the online services for the currently available title Gran Turismo Sport.”
‘Buckle up for a driving experience that changes everything. Grab the keys to over 1,200 cars, from historic classics to the latest dream machines from manufacturers such as Ferrari, Lamborghini and Bugatti.
Personalise your tracks, create your own then go online to connect with friends, leagues and tournaments, and discover a world of driving you didn’t know existed. The globe is your racetrack – start your engines…’
Sad to say goodbye to Gran Turismo 6? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.
- Gran Turismo 6 Online Services on PS3 Will Shut Down in March 2018
- Gran Turismo Sport Update 1.12 Adjusts Traction Control and Several Cars’ Stability to Improve Handling
- Gran Turismo Sport Update 1.11 Adds Ten New Cars, New Maps and More
- Gran Turismo Sport looks spellbinding in VR
- GT Sport Update 1.09 Brings New Campaign Mode, Adds 12 New Cars, a New Track and More