H1Z1, one of the first battle royale titles and now one of many in the genre’s market, is now fully released on PS4.
Developer Daybreak Games describes their title as “the original standalone battle royale game.” The title was in an open beta phase since around mid-May, gathering more than ten million players, and now it is finally fully out and free-to-play for everyone. As for almost every new game released nowadays, H1Z1 received a launch update, and it is not just a patch fix. The launch update kicks off the game’s Season 1 battle pass, priced at $5.49. The battle pass features three lines, with around 30 rewards in total, for all players to enjoy; free, premium and PS Plus members. Not only that, the update adds two new weapons, explosive RPGs and the “deadly SOCOM Sniper Rifle,” and finally a new ARV vehicle.
- Battle Pass Season 1: PS4 players can now unlock up to 30 rewards levels across 3 distinct lines (free, premium, and PS Plus). Battle Pass Season 1 premium line can be purchased for $5.49 / €5.49, while all PS Plus members will receive the PS Plus line included in membership. Level progression will carry over between lines.
- Two New Weapons: The explosive RPG can be found in gold tier airdrops, and specializes in taking out vehicles. The deadly SOCOM Sniper Rifle can be found in purple tier airdrops, and offers a new tactical option for long-range gunfights.
- New Vehicle: The ARV fits a full fives team and includes a hatch for a squad mate to fire out the top – making it the ultimate vehicle for squad-based gameplay.
- New Launch Bundles: Players can now customize their character to the max through the new Viper Starter bundle ($4.99 USD / €4.99) or Hardline Deluxe bundle, which includes Premium Battle Pass ($34.99 USD / €34.99). Both Launch bundles are now available at a special launch discount until September 4 on the PlayStation Store.
H1Z1 is now available on PC and PS4, and coming to Xbox One at a yet-to-be-announced date.
[Source: Official Press Release]
- H1Z1 Final Build Launches August 7th For PS4
- Psyonix Adds Fortnite Inspired Battle Pass, Rocket Pass to Rocket League; Will Have Free and Premium Tiers
- Fortnite 5.1 patch notes: heavy sniper rifle coming to Battle Royale
- Fortnite Content Update 5.0 Drops
- H1Z1 Leaves Early Access With A Vehicular Battle Royale Mode