H1Z1 the zombie survival title from Daybreak Game Company recently left early access, and with the exit came a new mode which gave a literal spin on the Battle Royale genre – Auto Royale. Now the developer has stated that H1Z1 will in fact, become a free-to-play title.
The change went into effect yesterday at 10 AM PST, and so far it seems like it’s been well received by the gaming community. Comparing the game from before it’s become F2P to now, we see a spike of nearly 300% when it comes to concurrent players.
That being said, will this player count stay consistent? I guess time will tell.
‘H1Z1 is a fast-paced, highly competitive, battle royale shooter. Parachute in and search for weapons, ammo, vehicles and supplies to stay alive. As a toxic gas cloud compresses the map, develop your strategy and prepare for the spectacle of mayhem. Go solo or group with a team of two or five to be the last ones standing. Now Free To Play!’
Thoughts on H1Z1’s new stance? Let us know in the comments below
H1Z1 is out now for PC.
- H1Z1 Hits Over 10 Million Players
- H1Z1 Surpasses 10 Million Players On PS4
- H1Z1 Open Beta Hits 4.5 Million Players
- Daily Deal (Xbox One): Get PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds For Only $17.69 And Get Assassin’s Creed Unity Free
- Daily Deal (Xbox One): Get PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds And Assassin’s Creed Unity For Only $17.69