Halo 2 is finally returning to PC. Microsoft has confirmed the PC Halo 2 release date for May 12 as part of the Master Chief Collection – so we’ll see the updated Anniversary edition of the classic hit the Master Chief Collection for Steam, the Windows Store, and Xbox Game Pass for PC next week.
Halo: The Master Chief Collection is available as a complete package for $39.99 / £29.99 / €39.99, including Halo 1, 2, Reach, and all future releases. Previous games have been available at a standalone price of $9.99 / £6.99 / €9.99, so it’s safe to expect similar pricing for Halo 2: Anniversary.
The release of Halo 2 for the PC MCC pretty much brings the Halo PC story full circle. Halo 2 was the last game in the series to be ported to PC back in the day, with a Games for Windows Live version tied exclusively to Microsoft’s maligned Windows Vista OS. Now, the PC MCC moves entirely to games that have not yet previously launched on the platform, and 343 has already started to tease a bit about the ports of Halo 3 and ODST.
For now, you can enjoy a thoroughly nostalgic teaser below.
We’ve got more FPS games for you to take aim at while awaiting the next chapter in the Master Chief Collection.
- Halo 3 comes to the Master Chief Collection, and Steam, next week
- Halo 3 PC release time revealed – here’s when it unlocks in your time zone
- Halo 3 for PC and The Master Chief Collection Update Release Early
- Teasers suggest Halo Anniversary hits PC Halo MCC very soon
- Halo 3 from The Master Chief Collection Gets a PC Release Date