Hearthstone’s new Doom in the Tomb event gets underway tomorrow, but Blizzard has some bigger things in mind beyond a spooky set of Tavern Brawls for the Halloween season. In keeping with this whole ‘unsealed tomb’ theme, 23 Wild cards will return to Standard play for the duration of the event, and beyond – though don’t expect them to stick around forever.
The 23 cards will be back in Standard “until the launch of our next major update,” as Blizzard says in the announcement. You’ll also get a free event copy of each card during Doom in the Tomb, which runs from 10:00 PDT / 13:00 EDT / 18:00 BST on October 8 through 9:00 PDT / 12:00 EDT / 16:00 GMT on October 30. The free copies will disappear on the latter date, but you’ll still be able to play your own copies of those cards in Standard until they’re removed again.
Read on for the full list of cards that’ll come back into rotation for now.
Kun the Forgotten King
Lock and Load
Call of the Wild
Thing from Below
Shaku, the Collector
Imp Gang Boss
N’Zoth, the Corruptor
Ragnaros the Firelord
Blizzard has been taking more chances with recent Hearthstone events, including Tomb of Terrors. All the cards making their temporary return should shake up the meta in some wild ways, at least temporarily – here’s hoping the venerable card game continues to keep things interesting.
- Hearthstone heads to Scholomance for its next expansion
- Nvidia GTX 1660 Super set for an October 29 launch… and an AMD Navi showdown
- Hearthstone: Descent of Dragons card reveal – Zul’drak Ritualist first look
- Hearthstone’s Combo Priest deck could be getting a massive nerf
- Blizzard cancels major Overwatch event amid Hong Kong uproar