Treyarch has released our first look at gameplay for their upcoming battle royale mode, Blackout.
The trailer is pretty epic showing all sorts of action throughout the battlefield. Like they mentioned, players will be able to use land vehicles, water vehicles, and air vehicles– all three were present in the trailer.
Alongside some actual gameplay, we also got some looks at the iconic maps featured in the mode like Nuketown and Dam. In addition to that, we also saw the storm in action, zombies, and different characters across Treyarch Call of Duty titles.
Check out the trailer for yourself down below:
Many fans were speculating how Blackout would play, unlike other battle royale games, Call of Duty is a first person shooter. Blackout will be the first major battle royale game to add no third person view. With a little taste of what is to come, fans can rest easy and wait for the upcoming beta.
The beta for the new battle royale mode for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 will begin on September 10. The beta will first debut on PS4, which then will presumably come to Xbox and PC in the following weeks. For those who want even more Blackout news, can check out studio design director David Vonderhaar answer 195 rapid-fire questions about the mode, right here!
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is set to release for PS4, Xbox One, and PC on October 12.
- Activision Announces Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout Beta Start Date; Begins on PS4 First, Other Consoles to Follow
- Call of Duty Officially Unveils the Official Map for Their Battle Royale Mode, Blackout
- 195 Rapid-Fire Questions Answered About Call of Duty’s Battle Royale Mode, Blackout; Watch Here
- Call of Duty Black Ops 4: Black Out Player Count Revealed; Beta Coming Next Week
- Here’s your first look at Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 battle royale gameplay