The launch of the next Final Fantasy XIV expansion is just a couple of weeks away, but not everything is set to launch right on the Shadowbringers release date. You’ll have to wait a bit for the raid, Square Enix has announced when to expect the post-launch content alongside a new developer live stream.
Patch 5.01, which includes the normal-difficulty version of the Eden raid, will launch on July 16. On July 30, we’ll get patch 5.05 and the savage difficulty Eden raid. The latter patch will also include the Lyhe Ghiahl treasure hunt dungeon, and the launch of the Allagan tomestone of Phantasmagoria currency.
Eden features designs from director Tetsuya Nomura of Kingdom Hearts and latter-day Final Fantasy fame, but it’s not the only raid content with a touch from a Square Enix celebrity designer. We’re also getting a Nier: Automata raid with design input from Yoko Taro, so prepare for equal measures of confusion and emotion.
You can see a whole lot more of Shadowbringers in the latest Letter from the Producer stream below.
Hannibal Buress and Tom Holland are very excited about it.
Level up: These are the best MMORPGs on PC
Shadowbringers officially launches on July 2, marking the start of the latest chapter for the now-venerable MMO. It’s been a long road since 1.0, but this promises to be another solid piece of the game’s legacy.
- Final Fantasy XIV devs plan to shorten the monstrously long main story for new players
- Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers adds a Dancer class, and fans aren’t happy
- Final Fantasy 14 is getting a Nier: Automata-themed raid
- Gunbreakers and bunny girls are coming to Final Fantasy 14
- Final Fantasy isn’t getting a new MMO any time soon because FFXIV is doing just fine