The Nintendo Switch may come with a dock, but getting a replacement doesn’t come cheap. With docks selling for $90 at retail, some Switch owners have come up with their own creative solutions, including one modder who decided to turn his Nintendo 64 into a fully-functional dock.
Tettzan Zone, as he’s known on YouTube, has shared a video detailing how he took a broken N64 and made it work with his Switch. All told, it took him less than a week to do the modifications and he’s been keeping fellow Switch fans up to date on his progress on Reddit, posting a step-by-step guide on how to turn a Nintendo 64 into a dock for the Switch.
Overall, this is a great way to put your old N64 to good use … even if it does nothing to make those old Nintendo 64 games actually playable on the Switch.
- DOOM Is Out Now For The Switch
- Nintendo Announces ‘Pokémon Ultra Sun and Moon’ For 3DS Only
- Here’s The First Look At The Minecraft Diamond Sword Joycon Grip
- Some Guy Got a Nintendo Switch Early, So He’s Giving the Internet an Early Look
- Nintendo Plans To Ship 25-30 million Switch units next year