We’ve just been informed that God of War‘s PlayStation 4 download file size is absolutely deity-crushing. Ok, it’s not the biggest download you’ve ever seen, but Santa Monica Studio is requesting approximately 45 GB of your precious HDD space. That’s equivalent to three shots of Monster Hunter World or Metal Gear Survive, so if you’ve got Forza Motorsport 7, Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare or Black Ops III installed on your system, you may need to do some vacuuming.
God of War‘s release date was outed back in January, and it’s not long to go now until April 20. Santa Monica Studio’s creative director Cory Barlog has previously revealed that Kratos will lack a jump ability this time round, and boat travel makes up roughly 30% of the game, which turns its attention from Greek myths to Norse legends. Barlog was emphatic when responding to the question of whether microtransactions would wind up in Valhalla, shooting down the possibility with a “no freaking way”. Can’t get much clearer than that.
God of War is a PlayStation 4 exclusive.
Source: Sirus Gaming
- God of War Quickfire Q&A Reveals New Details; 25-30% of the Game Is on a Boat
- God of War Patch 1.12 Releases; Fixes Small Text Issues
- Check out These Epic God of War Photos From PS Experience
- Pre-load God Of War From Today
- Watch – The First 20 Minutes of God Of War