Last year we immersed ourselves in the absolutely beautiful world of Horizon Zero Dawn, since then it seems that a total of 4 million mech hunters have immersed themselves in this beautiful world.
The news comes from VGChartz which has confirmed that this week Horizon Zero Dawn sold 322,686 units bringing the total sales to 4,193,428 units. The company stated that it took 39 weeks to reach this stage.
“Breaking down the sales by region, the game had sold best in Europe with 2.03 million units sold (48%), compared to 1.19 million units sold in the US (28%) and 0.23 million units in Japan (5%). Looking more closely at Europe, the game had sold an estimated 0.38 million units in the UK, 0.37 million units in Germany, and 0.28 million units in France.”
Horizon Zero Dawn released for the PlayStation 4 in North America on February 28, in Europe on March 1 and in Japan on March 2. The launch was met with critical acclaim from the community and other developers alike. Most recently, NieR: Automata director Yoko Taro called it a ‘super masterpiece from Guerrilla Games’ comparing it to their own sci-fi title.
Thoughts on Horizon Zero Dawn? Have you played the title yet? Let us know in the comments down below.
- Horizon Zero Dawn Has Sold 7.6 Million Units Worldwide
- Nintendo Switch Sells 221,210 Units In Japan In A Single Week
- Metal Gear Survive Allegedly Sold 103,651 Units First Week at Retail
- The Nintendo Switch Hits Another Major Sales Milestone
- DOOM Switch Sells an Estimated 81,000 Units During First Week