id Software and Avalanche Studios treated us with Rage 2 last week, a sequel to the chaotic and hectic post-apocalyptic shooter.
The game’s reception so far is pretty mixed, with critics judging Rage 2 on its lack of engaging story but praising its over-the-top shooting mechanics. Well, who is really playing Rage 2 for the story? d Software CEO Tim Willits was featured in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter shortly before the game’s release, and he hinted towards the existence of a third instalment in the franchise.
I hope so. Yes, is the answer to that question. We’ve always loved this franchise because it’s such a fun setting. We can do what we want. We were once talking about riding on giant cockroaches. What other game can you have a conversation where that’s a legitimate conversation you can have?! It’s a crazy, fun, exciting franchise and I hope we can make a third one as soon as possible.
Rage 2 is out now on PS4, Xbox One, and PC.
[Source: The Hollywood Reporter]
- Tim Willits already wants to make Rage 3
- Who would win in a fight between Rage 2’s developers? We pit Avalanche against id Software
- Characters are “really important” to Rage 2
- Bethesda Releases New Rage 2 Trailer, Everything vs Me; Watch Here
- Review Roundup: Rage 2 is Filled With Addicting Gameplay, Incredible Action, and Amazing Set Pieces