Insomniac Games, known for their Ratchet & Clank franchise and the upcoming Spider-Man title, has announced Stormland, an upcoming open-world VR title for Oculus Rift.
Stormland will offer players single-player and multiplayer modes. Players will take the role of a shattered android trying to augment himself and upgrade himself in order to save his friends from The Tempest.
The Tempest shattered your android body. Now you must journey through an ever-changing cloudscape to augment yourself and save your friends. Explore an expansive world with complete freedom—bound up cliffs, glide across chasms, and fly through the slipstream with velocity. Detonate explosives, harness electricity, and wield makeshift weapons to overcome titanium sentries and monolithic guardians. Play single-player, or explore forgotten ruins together.
It’s time to reclaim your world.
- Move with velocity. Explore the open world with exhilarating freedom. Fly through the slipstream, kick up a cloud ramp, launch up to a cliff, and glide back down with all-new Touch mechanics.
- Discover a changing otherworld. The Tempest rearranges the Stormland to reveal new challenges—and new playgrounds of movement, combat, and scavenging. Your Satellite watches from above to guide you to the best upgrades.
- Join a community of androids. Weather the storm together. Link up to the satellite, join up for Stormland raids, and collaborate on shared missions for the benefit of android gardeners everywhere.
- Fight with freeform style. Equip makeshift weapons to overcome the Tempest’s army of synthetic troops and mutated creatures. Augment your android abilities to cloak your body, manifest shields, and harness electricity. Find new tech, build yourself up, and discover just how far you can push past the limits of your design
Check out Stormland’s announcement trailer below.
- Avalanche Studios Reveal Generation Zero; An Open-World Action Title with Robotic Dogs
- Fallout 76 Is An Online Only Multiplayer Survival Shooter
- Paradox Announces Age of Wonders: Planetfall; Releases in 2019
- Monster Hunter World PC Release Planned Autumn 2018
- Monster Hunter World PS4 Download Size Revealed