After getting delayed from its original release date to December, Insurgency: Sandstorm released and received mostly favourable reviews. Now it is time for the game’s first major content update.
Insurgency: Sandstorm first major content update brings new features, upgrades the game’s engine, new competitive queue time penalty and tiebreaker, a shooting range, new weapons, and the list just keeps going on and on. The main new feature is adding the highly-requested Team Deathmatch mode, where players are split into two teams of 12 and battle it out to reach the final kill count. Players can now try new weapons, or just practice their aim in the new Range level accessed through the Tutorials section. In addition to that, the update adds new security and insurgent weapons, new cosmetics, new tattoos, new taglines, and more. For everything featured in Insurgency: Sandstorm’s latest update, check out the patch notes below.
New Arcade playlist in Play section:
- Currently features Team Deathmatch at 24 players.
- The playlist will be updated with new Arcade modes in future updates, but all modes will be available through Community Servers found under Coop or Versus.
- New Team Deathmatch game mode.
- Upgrade to Unreal Engine 4.21.
New Range level in Tutorials section.
- Allows players to test all weapons, equipment, and upgrades in the game on both living and nonliving targets.
Competitive queue time penalty.
- Leaving a Competitive match early will prevent a player from queueing. The penalty increases with each instance.
- If a match ends in a tie, a team will need to get a two-point lead over the other team to win, with a faction switch every round.
- Ability to vote to kick players on community servers.
- Community Test Environment (CTE) now available in your Steam Library. The CTE is a version of the game that will be opened periodically throughout development to allow players to preview and test future updates before they are released.
- Restricted areas added to tactical map.
- PF940 pistol
- MP5A5 submachine gun
- M240B machine gun
- MP5A2 submachine gun
- MG3 machine gun
- Combat Goggles
- Knuckles Fingerless
- One Hole Skull
- Two Hole Skull
- Snake Bite
- Dead Woods
- Skull Compass
- Renamed Insurgent Headgear slot to Facewear.
- Added new truck for drive in sequence at the start of Security Checkpoint.
- Added new shockwave reaction system, allowing various props to audibly resonate when an explosive detonates near them.
Added new Taglines:
- Most Defensive Kills – Get the most kills while defending an objective.
- Scavenger – Killed 10 enemies with a weapon that has been picked up.
- Resourceful – Killed 25 enemies with a weapon that has been picked up.
- Jacket – Killed 30 enemies with a weapon that has been picked up.
- Added new gas canister props that can be detonated.
Insurgency Sandstorm releases on December 12th for PS4, Xbox One and PC. Make sure to check out the update’s trailer below, showcasing most of the content discussed above.
- Insurgency: Sandstorm reaches 500,000 sales, gets team deathmatch
- Killing Floor 2 The Summer Sideshow Update Revealed; Features New Weapons, New Community Map and Much More
- Latest World War 3 Update Adds Team Deathmatch Mode, a New Vehicle, a New Map and Much More
- Destiny 2: How To Find Masterworks Weapons | Breakdown Guide
- Gran Turismo Sport Update 1.13 Adds Twelve New Cars, Four Track Layouts and New Events to Campaign Mode